I have litigated all types of commercial disputes, particularly in the areas of real estate, construction, and financial institutions litigation. The cases include complex commercial mortgage foreclosure and lender liability suits, construction disputes, mechanic’s lien claims and defenses, title and title insurance disputes, condemnation, partition, commercial landlord and tenant lease disputes, and a wide array of breach of contract claims in many industries. I have also represented both majority and minority interests in corporate and partnership disputes and high net worth individuals in dissolution of marriage cases.
- Negotiated a multimillion-dollar settlement on behalf of a developer of luxury high rise condominium buildings in a rescission and declaratory relief lawsuit filed against the purchaser of a downtown Chicago office building.
- Foreclosed on a multimillion-dollar mortgage secured by a private golf course; went from filing the complaint to confirmation of sale in only 7 months despite defendant’s defenses.
- Negotiated a favorable settlement in under a year on behalf of a client sued in Federal Court for 12 counts including violations of the Federal and State Trade Secrets Act, Lanham Act, Deceptive Trade Practices Act.
- Obtained a $2+ million judgment after trial on a breach of personal guaranty, including interest and attorneys’ fees, and collected the entire judgment.
- Negotiated a significant settlement on behalf of a client who claimed a half interest in a start up company which she helped her boyfriend create but was frozen out of when the relationship ended.
- Breach of contract, tortious interference with contract, fraud, and conspiracy. $117,000 claim and $1.8 million counterclaim. Settled.
- Breach of customer confidentiality agreement and theft of client customer list and customers. Settled.
- Breach of supplier agreement between two multi-national pharmaceutical companies. $500,000 claim. Settled.